Cosplay is not consent
- Cosplay and costumes are NOT an invitation to touch, or harass anybody – Always respect boundaries
- This includes a cosplayer’s costume and props – Do not touch these without permission!
- Please do not hesitate to contact one of our team , or pay a visit to the organisers office if you have any issues over the weekend.
Ask before you photograph!
- Please always ask cosplayers for permission to take pictures (and respect those wishes if they say no for any reason!)
- Remember that Cosplayers always have the right to say no to images
- Please don’t assume that just because somebody is in cosplay they are happy for an image to be taken without permission.
Not your photo? Wait!
- Many cosplayers LOVE posing for pictures at events and we guarantee that your picture will be 100% better if they’re looking at YOUR camera
- Don’t snipe someone else’s shot, or take an image if a cosplayer is posing for somebody else. Simply wait and ask when they’re done with anybody before you – we guarantee it’ll make for a more memorable interaction and image!
Cosplay is for EVERYONE
- It doesn’t matter about Race, Age, Gender or Body Type – Cosplay is for everyone
- More than one person can cosplay the same character and no fan has more right to do so than another fan
- The cosplay community is an amazingly supportive one and there is no room for any form of shaming
Remember, Cosplayers are human too
- Please please PLEASE remember that cosplayers are humans (and more importantly, fans like the rest of us!)
- Don’t like the character? Move along
Have fun & help us create a positive environment!
- Complement Cosplay
- Always respect boundaries and decisions
- Don’t know a character? Take an interest and find out more!
- HAVE FUN!